Who We Are
Information We Collect
We collect certain categories of information, some of which may be Personal Information (or Personal Data, which is information which can be used to identify you), when you voluntarily provide it to us such as:
- Identifiers: such as first and last name, email address, billing, shipping, delivery address, and business address including state, country, and region, telephone number, and company/business name
- Payment information: when you make a purchase, we will have access to the last four digits of your Payment Card If you email us with questions, comments, or contact us we will collect the information you provide in those postings and communications.
- In addition, to the above, when you apply and request to become an authorized wholesale/reseller we collect certain business/professional information such as your company’s Federal EIN number, your company website URL, and your company’s State Reseller Certificate/Sales and Use Tax Certification of Exemption at: https://lock-green.com/wholesale-application/
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information about you through our Site and the Services in several ways when you interact with the Site and you submit your information to us directly:
- When you create an account on the “Create Account” Page we will collect your first name, last name, and email address, you will be asked to create a password, but we will not have access to your password.
- Through our “Contact” page, or when you sign up to “Join Our Mailing List” on our Site or when you apply and request to become an authorized wholesaler.
- When you make a purchase on the Site through our third-party payment provider Shopify (which also provides options to use PayPal, GPay, ApplePay, and Facebook Pay) or when you contact us concerning a return, we collect your transaction history, billing information, and shipping information and last four digits of your credit card number. However, We do not collect nor do we have access to your full Primary Account Number (PAN) such as a credit or debit card number, except for the last four digits which are provided to us by Shopify. You may find information about Shopify’s privacy practices and how it collects and processes Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal. In addition, you may click on the button that says “Save this information for next time” in which case, the information you provide will be collected and saved.
- When you leave Questions/Comments to us on our “Contact” page, We collect the information you provide, including what you provide in the Questions/Comments field, or when you contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with an inquiry or to request our assistance.
We may also collect information from you:
- Automatically, as you navigate through the Site for analytical purposes. For more information regarding this method of collection, see the “Information Collected Automatically” section below.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, We automatically collect certain Personal Information when you access the Site and use the Services, including:
- Device and network identifiers such as IP address and identifiers associated with browser cookies, Web beacons and similar technologies We deploy on the Services.
- Your browser type
- Your Internet service provider
- Your operating system
- Your state and city but not your street address
Automated Decision Making (ADM)
ADM is when a decision is made which is based solely on automated processing (including profiling) which produces legal effects or significantly affects an individual. We do not engage in ADM.
Aggregated Personal Information
We may aggregate data, including Personal Information, and Use such aggregated data for any purpose. This aggregated information does not identify you personally.
Our Site Uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand Website traffic and Site usage. The information generated by the cookies about your use of the Site may be transferred to a Google server outside of the country in which you live and stored there. Google Analytics cookies are stored based on our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 (1)(f) of GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data, if any, Using cookies is Art. 6 para. (1)(f) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of Personal Data Using cookies for analytical purposes is Art. 6 para. 1 (a) GDPR if you have provided your consent.
Additionally, we have also added the IP Anonymization “anonymize_ip” (or IP masking) code to Google Analytics on this Site. This masks your IP address so that all data are collected anonymously. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and shortened there.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity, and provide other services related to the use of the Website and the Internet to the Website operator. The IP address provided by your browser to Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s device for record keeping purposes. Cookies make using our Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we use automatic data collection methods to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site such as downloading videos and viewing videos.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, device type and browser type.
It is also possible to view the Site without accepting cookies. If you do not want cookies stored on your computer, you can disable them by using this option in your browser’s system settings. You can prevent cookies from being accepted and stored and tracking by setting your browser software accordingly, however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to completely use all the functions and features of this Site.
Your selection of the “Do Not Track” option provided by your browser may not have any effect on our collection of cookie information for analytic and internal purposes. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/Web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit allaboutcookies.org). You can manage your browser Cookies through your browser settings. To do so, We suggest that you go to the “Help” section of your browser to find out how to change the configuration you currently Use.
Stored cookies can be deleted in your browser’s system settings. For more information on disabling cookies, please visit:
You can object to the use of optional cookies at any time by adjusting your cookie settings accordingly. We use the following cookies:
|_fbp||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.|
|_ga||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_gat_gtag_UA_201783989_1||1 minute||Set by Google to distinguish users.|
|_gid||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|fr||3 months||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||session||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
If you leave a comment on our Site or make a purchase you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, address, telephone number, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment or make another purchase. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our “Login” page, We will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two Weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Interest-Based Ads/Targeted Advertising
On our Site and those websites not affiliated with us we may display specifically tailored interest-based advertising using information you provide to us when you interact with our Site, content, or Services. Interest-based ads, or personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from your activities such as making a purchase on our Site, visiting sites that contain our content or ads, interacting with our Site tools, or using our payment services. We follow the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (a coalition of marketing, online advertising, and consumer advocacy organizations).
Third-party advertising management partners may also help us display tailored content to your interests and serve interest-based advertising on our behalf. We do not provide any Personal Information to advertisers or to third-party websites that display our interest-based ads. However, third-parties may collect information about your browsing activity on our Site to display interest-based ads.
You may choose whether to receive interest-based ads from us. Click here to opt out of certain interest-based advertisements that use our cookies.
You may also “opt out” of receiving some third-party interest-based advertisements by following the instructions located at:
www.aboutads.info/choices or www.networkadvertising.org/choices. (An “opt-out cookie” will be placed on your computer indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. Please note that if you delete cookies on your computer, you will need to opt-out again.)
Embedded Content From Other Websites/Links
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, links to other websites, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other Website.
You may link to our Facebook page from the Site, please see more information about Facebook’s privacy practices here: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
You may link to our Instagram page from the Site, please see more information about Instagram’s privacy practices here: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
You may link to our LinkedIn page from the Site. For each visit to our Site containing functions of LinkedIn, a connection to the LinkedIn servers is established. LinkedIn is notified that you visited our Site with your IP address. If you click on the “Recommend button” of LinkedIn and are logged into your account with LinkedIn, LinkedIn is able to associate your visit to our Site to you and your User account. We are not aware of the contents of the transmitted data or how it is processed by LinkedIn. See more information about LinkedIn’s privacy practices here:
You may also link to YouTube to see our video tutorials/content.
Please see more information about YouTube’s privacy practices here: https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/our-commitments/protecting-User-data/
Payment – Online Store
We utilize Shopify as our third party payment provider. For more information concerning their privacy practices visit: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
Our online platform also allows the use of Venmo, Apple Pay, Paypal, GPay, and Facebook Pay. For more information concerning their privacy practices visit:
Emails Concerning Products and Special Offers
When you make a purchase or sign up for our Services or newsletters/mailing list, you may provide your consent to receiving emails about products or special offers. If you no longer wish to receive emails about products and special offers from us, please click on the [unsubscribe] link at the bottom of the email or contact us at: email@example.com.
We utilize the MailChimp service when you voluntarily sign up for our mailing list. See more information about MailChimp’s privacy practices here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/
The Site and the Services are not intended for use by individuals under twenty-one (21) years of age. You must be of legal age to purchase the Services. The Site and the Services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we have information about your child, please contact us at:
P.O. Box 7302
Suffolk, VA 23437
757-204-5625 (M-F 9-5pm EST)
How We Use Your Information and Our Legal Bases for Doing So
To Perform the Services and to Fulfill Our Contractual Obligations
- To identify you when you sign in to your account, request that we contact you, or make a purchase;
- To respond to your requests and to provide you with the Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with information about changes to the Site and/or the Services;
- To allow our third party providers to process your authorized payments for our Services; and
For Our Legitimate Interests
- To investigate, prevent, or take actions regarding; illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our policies, or to detect security incidents, or as otherwise required by law;
- To respond to your requests, comments, and questions;
- To enhance and improve the Site or the Services, such as through personalized features and content; and
- To analyze the use of the Site and the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Site and the Services
- To co-operate with law enforcement and legal authorities, where required, to comply with any legal obligations or defend any legal claims, or to comply with civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, summonses or legal processes
With Your Consent
- To send you notices or answer your questions (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, newsletters, and marketing information and the like) regarding the Services you are receiving or you request
- When you contact us and provide your information to Us through the Site or otherwise
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your consent
Please note that aggregated statistics and information, where the identity of a specific individual cannot be identified, is not Personal Information. We reserve the right to use aggregated information in any manner We determine, in our discretion, to be appropriate. Use of such aggregated information may include, but not be limited to, the preparation of aggregated user statistics and information summaries to improve efficiencies, more effectively describe our product and service offerings, and assist in the marketing of our products and services. Aggregated statistics and information will not contain Personal Information.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
We do not sell your Personal Information in exchange for monetary consideration. We do not disclose Personal Information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes or targeted advertising. However, there are instances in which We must disclose Personal Information we collect on the Site to certain categories of third-parties in order for us to operate the Site and provide the Services to you. We may do so to the following third-parties and for the following purposes:
- With our Service Providers. We share Personal Information with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with that perform services on our behalf, including our payment processors, or others who assist us in fulfilling orders or transactions, web hosting providers, information technology providers, and analytics services.
- We may disclose Personal Information in special cases such as to our legal counsel when We have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, other users of the Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities
- We may also be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by law enforcement authorities, and if there is a good faith belief, and reliance on said belief, that disclosure is necessary to comply with any legal process served on us
- To our legal counsel or collection agencies, to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, for billing and collection purposes
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about Site users is among the assets
- To other third-parties your consent or at your direction
How Long We Retain Your Information
When you make purchases on our Site, you may request that your information be saved for the next time you visit us, in which case We will store that information.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can We guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
We do not knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software on our Site.
Links to External Websites
Our Site may provide you the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from us at the point where we request information about you. You always have the option of removing your name from any e-mail list in order to discontinue any such future communications. In order to ensure immediate removal from any list, please follow the specific instructions set forth within the communications you receive from us which you no longer wish to receive. If you are unsuccessful in completing the instructions specified in any such communication, please e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of the undesired email attached to the request, and state you wish to be removed from the mailing list and we will do so.
What Rights You Have Concerning Your Data
Depending on the circumstances related to the Personal Information we collect and where you are located or reside, you may have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect about you. For example, under certain European data privacy laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other states’ laws such as California and Virginia under certain conditions, you have the following rights and you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that We hold under certain circumstances:
- “Opt-out” Stop sending you direct marketing communications, targeted advertising, sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you. You may continue to receive Service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- “Confirmation” and “Access” Confirm and provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Information and give you access to your Personal Information.
- “Correct” Update or correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information.
- “Delete” Delete your Personal Information.
- “Transfer” Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- “Object” Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
- “Withdraw Consent” If our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
- “Obtain a Copy” Of your Personal Information previously provided in a portable, and to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format.
You may submit these requests by email to: email@example.com. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, We will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If we decline your request, and you wish to appeal that decision, you may contact us as described below in the “How To Contact Us” section. If you wish to submit a complaint, you may submit a complaint about our Use of your Personal Information you may contact us as described below in the “How To Contact Us” section or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator or Attorney General in your jurisdiction. In Virginia, the contact information for the Virginia Attorney General’s Office is located at: https://www.oag.state.va.us/contact-us/contact-info
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your Access to and Control Over Your Personal Information
You may contact us to review the Personal Information that We have collected about you consistent with applicable laws. If you discover any errors, please notify us and the information will be corrected. To review the Personal Information that we have collected about you, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Personal Information Review Request.” You may also request that we delete your account(s) or, if you have not established a user account, your email address, and any related data at any time. If you wish to delete your User account(s), please email us at: email@example.com with the words “Delete My Account” in the subject line. If you do not have a user account and wish to delete your email address or other Personal Information that you may have provided through your Use of the Site, or any Services, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Delete My Information” in the subject line. Please note that we have the right under certain circumstances to deny your request, such as to comply with applicable law or defend legal claims.
You may also choose to confirm that we do not use your Personal Information in certain ways and/or to otherwise “opt out” of certain uses of your Personal Information such as (i) when your Personal Information may to be disclosed to a third party unrelated to us and/or parties directly related to providing your Services and/or (ii) when your Personal Information may be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. If you wish to limit the use of your Personal Information in such ways, or have other questions about how We may use your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com with the words “Privacy Request” in the subject line. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request.
Important Notice to Users Outside the U.S.
The Site is operated in the United States of America (U.S.). If you are located in another jurisdiction, then please be aware that any data supplied will be transferred from your current location to the U.S. to our servers, offices or and/or to the third-parties mentioned, and be subject to U.S. laws regarding data privacy and collection, which may be less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in the country in which you are located. By Using this Site or by voluntarily providing us with your personal information, you acknowledge and agree with your Personal Information being processed and transferred as described above.
Your California Privacy Rights: Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have an established business relationship with certain businesses to request a list of third-parties to which those businesses have disclosed certain categories of Personal Information during the preceding calendar year for direct marketing purposes. We have not and will not share your personally identifiable information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes; accordingly, we do not maintain such a list of third-parties. If you are a resident of California and want additional information confirming we do not share your Personal Information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “California Privacy” in the subject line of your email. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request.
California Privacy Law: Do Not Track
We do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
California Privacy Rights
Click here to learn more about your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
How to Contact Us
P.O. Box 7302
Suffolk, VA 23437
or call Us at: 757-204-5625
Information provided by you via general e-mail inquiries to us such as your e-mail address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business, and is not shared with third parties.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT DISCLOSURES
Last Updated: June 7, 2022
- Categories of Personal Information Collected
The Personal Information we collect from consumers fall into the following categories as established by the CCPA:
- Identifiers including:
- Your full name or online identifier such as Username
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Your internet protocol address
- Your passwords
- Personal Information: such as your telephone number or your country of origin or geolocation data
- Professional information: such as your company name and title/position or business affiliation
- Records and copies of your correspondence or messages if you contact us via the Site or through any other method.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information including your interaction with the Site (see “Information We Collect Through Automatic Means”).
- Commercial Information: such as transaction history, billing information, and shipping information and last four digits of your credit card number.
2. Categories of Personal Information Collected
The Personal Information we collect and disclose about consumers for a business purpose fall into the following categories established by the CCPA:
- Identifiers such as your full name or online identifier such as username, postal address, email address, internet protocol address
- Personal Information such as your telephone number
- Professional information such as your company name and title/position or business affiliation, company Website, company EIN
- Records and copies of your correspondence or messages
- Internet or other electronic network activity information to help us analyze our Site usage and to detect and address security incidents
3. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information
The CCPA gives California residents the following privacy rights:
- The Right To Know whether and what Personal Information has been collected
- The Right to Delete any Personal Information collected
- The Right to download your Personal Information
- The Right to Opt Out of Sales of Personal Information
- The Right to Opt In to information selling (for minors)
- Non-discrimination for exercising your rights
Under the CCPA, you have the right to request information about the collection or sharing of your personal information by us or access to, or deletion (under certain circumstances), of your Personal Information. If you wish to do so, please contact us by contacting us here: email@example.com to receive information on how to submit your verifiable consumer request.
4. No Sale of Personal Information
4.1 Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Although We do not sell your personal information for money, We may share information with third party providers in exchange for their support in enhancing your experiences with us, keeping you aware of our services, or improving our ability to serve you. Such disclosures may be considered sales under certain laws. The following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information will provide you with information to exercise your options.
5. No Discrimination
We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT DISCLOSURES
As of January 1, 2023, you also have the right to:
- Request, under certain circumstances, that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate
- Have us minimize the use, retention, and sharing of your Personal Information to what is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the purposes for which it is collected
- Access the information we have collected about you, unless doing so proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort on our part
- Opt out of both the sale and sharing of your Personal information with third-parties
- If we collect it, ask us to stop selling, sharing, or using your Sensitive Personal Information and receive a separate notice from us prior to collection. Sensitive Personal Information includes:
- information revealing a social security, driver’s license, state ID card or passport number
- account log-in, financial account, debit card or credit card number in combination with the access code, password or credentials to them
- precise geolocation
- racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership
- contents of mail, email and text messages
- genetic data
- biometric information for the purpose of identifying someone
- information collected and analyzed concerning a person’s health, sex life or sexual orientation